Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics (Mastering the Essential Techniques)
Author and acclaimed instructor Gene Simco teaches his students that a solid mastery of the fundamentals is essential in creating a foundation upon which the more advanced techniques can be built--and that's where this book comes in. With photos and step-by-step instructions, Simco shows you all the moves you'll need to master to take your training to the next level, including:
- Primary positions: the Guard, the Mount, the Back Mount, side control, standing techniques, and Passing the Guard
- Submissions: Armbars, Triangle Choke, Collar Choke, Kimura Lock, Guillotine, Mata Leo, and Omoplata
- Defenses against punches, kicks, take-downs, and sweeps
- Escapes from chokes, grabs, bear hugs, locks, and clinches
- Plus warm-up exercises, tips on choosing a school, and Dojo etiquette
- The author maintains a popular Jiu-jitsu website at www.Jiu-jitsu.net
- Includes 50 minute instructional DVD with self-defense techniques, as well as techniques for standing and for the ground.
Gene Simco is the author of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. The Master Text, and other books. He is an internationally recognized martial arts instructor who has devoted himself to the study and practice of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. He is the founder and principal instructor of the NYMAG Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Academy in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he has produced champions of all ages and from all walks of life.
Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.1 x 25.3 cm