202 Outstanding House Ideas is packed with 600 pages of ideas for the dream house. For practicing professionals and homeowners this is a reference to successful designs chock full of ideas, analyses and successful applications from around the world.
More than 750 outstanding interior and exterior color photographs, floor plans, elevations, renderings, and building sections showcase house exteriors and interiors constructed and finished with a great range of traditional and innovative materials, and set in a variety of climates and landscape settings.
The houses are selections from a pool of the world's most interesting residential architecture. They include:
House of Joyce and Jeroen, The Hague, the Netherlands
- Annandale House, Sydney, Australia
- Harris Residence, Washington, D.C.
- Hidden House, London, UK
- Stacked House, Montreal, Canada
- Townhouse, Landskrona, Sweden
- House in Rimini, Rimini, Italy
- Cloitre, Brussels, Belgium
- Jarego House, Cartaxo, Portugal.
- These houses are stimulating examples of what innovation can produce. Each house is presented over several double-page spreads that reveal the challenges of the site, the occupants' needs and the final design. Captions describe features and materials. A directory of architects and designers makes this a real-life resource.
202 Outstanding House Ideas is a comprehensive resource selection for homeowners, architects, builders, and interior designers looking for leading edge results.